XFree and freetype2

Tushar Teredesai tush at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 20:48:06 PDT 2002

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>> Mark Hymers wrote:
>>
>>> If there's nothing beyond adding an extra #define to site.def and a
>>> dependency for xfree86 on freetype-2, then I'd say go with it.
>>>
>> OK.  I'll investigate it and make the changes.
>

> I checked.  The build of freetype is a simple configure --prefix=/usr
> && make && make install.

Also do the following:
cp include/freetype/config/ftoption.h
include/freetype/config/ftoption.h.orig &&
sed -e 's:#undef  TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER:#define
TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER:'
include/freetype/config/ftoption.h.orig > include/freetype/config/ftoption.h

> It looks like I need to change the line in xc/config/cf/host.def from:
>
> #define BuildFreetype2Library          YES  /* For using TrueType
> Fonts */
>
> to:
>
> #define BuildFreetype2Library          NO
> I'll rebuild XFree86 tomorrow and check it out.

echo "#define HasFreetype2 YES" >> config/cf/host.def
echo "#define BuildFreetype2Library NO" >> config/cf/host.def
echo "#define Freetype2Dir /usr" >> config/cf/host.def

I don't if all three are required.

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377