XFree and freetype2

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Thu Sep 12 20:32:31 PDT 2002

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Mark Hymers wrote:
>
>> If there's nothing beyond adding an extra #define to site.def and a
>> dependency for xfree86 on freetype-2, then I'd say go with it.
>>
> OK.  I'll investigate it and make the changes.

I checked.  The build of freetype is a simple configure --prefix=/usr &&
make && make install.
It looks like I need to change the line in xc/config/cf/host.def from:

#define BuildFreetype2Library          YES  /* For using TrueType Fonts */

to:

#define BuildFreetype2Library          NO

I'll rebuild XFree86 tomorrow and check it out.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org