libxml and libglade location

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 12 13:55:21 PDT 2002

Mark Hymers wrote:

> On Sun, 01, Sep, 2002 at 11:09:22AM -0500, Larry Lawrence spoke thus..
>> I am using galeon as a test of gnome libraries required even in a gnome2
>> install.
>>
>> It will not find libxml or libglade unless they are installed in it's
>> destination (/opt/gnome).  For some reason, it does not use the *-config
>> files.
>>
>> I would rather fix this where I can leave both of the above in /usr.  Any
>> ideas.
>
> Have you managed to sort this out already?
>
> If not, let me know and I'll have a look at it as well.
>
> Mark
>
>From the galeon point of view, I have not.  I had forgotten about this
query, but as of today, libglade-2.0.0 in in gnome2 due to a really dumb
pkgconfig issue and gnome's ignoring of said pkgconfig setting.  I'm trying
to leave libglade-0.17 and libxml in /usr.

Plan is to finish Gnome2 (hoping for no more surprises), then reveiw
gcc-3.2, then gnome (which is done except for galeon and similar that need
gconf to run.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org