BLFS possible error with mutt installation

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 12 13:27:55 PDT 2002

On Tue, 03, Sep, 2002 at 07:27:46AM +0200, "Grüttner, Olaf" spoke thus..
> Hi Mark,
>
> I had trouble installing mutt according to the BLFS book. Compiling was fine
> but the "make install" went wrong with an error something like "...group
> mail not existant...". I was able to fix it by editing /etc/group and adding
> a group "mail". Afterwards the installation of mutt was fine.
>
> Greetings and keep up the great work.

I think Larry's already investigated and fixed this.

I've copied this mail to blfs-dev so he can confirm or deny the problem.

Mark

"I got off at Durham... and fell in love with it instantly.  Why, it's
 wonderful - a perfect little city.  If you have never been to Durham, go
 there at once. Take my car. It's wonderful."
     Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org