Segmentation fault with QT3.0.4

Kelledin kelledin+BLFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 12 11:45:40 PDT 2002

On Thursday 12 September 2002 02:15 pm, Rick Wright wrote:
> Ok, try to give more infos:
> - It's a LFS CVS 3.3, with GCC-3.1
> - I tape the command who is write in the blfs-book CVS for the
> compilation of QT,I don't add optimisation.I compiling in the
> lfs, not in a chroot window. My kernel is the latest stable
> version: 2.4.19. My processor is an AMD ATHLON-XP-1700+.
>
> the error is always the same but when I restart, it's never
> the same file who do segmentation fault:
>
> The message:
>
> /windgets/qspinwidget.cpp:381: internal error: Segmentation
> fault Please submit a full bug report
> with preprocessed sources if appropriate

If it's occurring on different files each time, it's likely to be
flaky memory.

Go get yourself a copy of memtest86 (http://www.memtest86.com)
and run your memory through a full check.

If it turns out that you do have flaky memory, but you can't
afford to replace it, you can try using the Linux BadRAM patch
to make your system usable:

http://rick.vanrein.org/linux/badram/

--
Kelledin