sawfish-1.1a-gtk2

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 11 18:59:39 PDT 2002

Billy O'Connor wrote:

> The install instructions for sawfish leave gnome-session unable to
> find it using the /opt/gnome2/bin/gnome-wm script.  The script loops
> through the possible wm's, checking for each one of them in the $PATH
> directories.  The problem is, it finds sawfish in /usr/sbin, but it's
> a *directory* so it fails to exec it.  There's a /usr/bin/sawfish,
> which is of course also in the $PATH, but *after* /usr/sbin.  So there
> it is.

I'll look into it.

Could you or anyone else installing gnome2 - please check for the location
of libgnome.so under /opt/gnome2 (not gnome); mine was installed at
lib/libglade/2.0/libgnome.so.  This location is not being picked up by
ldconfig, so I experienced incomplete dialog boxes.  I've been expecting
some hollering, but there hasn't been any, so either it's unique to my
setup or no one went to the capplet for fonts, which is suppose to have a
widget on the right side.

I have a solution, but need some feedback.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org