lilo/grub etc.: time-controlled boot selection?

Marcel Pommer mpi at renzel.net
Wed Sep 11 04:48:05 PDT 2002

Matthias Benkmann wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:42:07 +0200 Marcel Pommer <mpi at renzel.net> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> has anyone ever heard of boot loader (lilo/grub or whatever) that is
>> capable of daytime-controlled booting?
>>
>> what i mean is that it automatically boots, say hda1, if the hardware
>> clock is between 9:00 and 17:00 and hda2 if not.
>
> I'd really like to know why this is useful. Are you timesharing your
> computer with someone else?
>
> BTW, this is inappropriate for blfs-dev. This should go to blfs-support.
> MSB

Sorry, I already saw that i posted to the wrong group. But to answer your
question: the machine is supposed to be woke-on-lan at night and boot a
linux system that automatically modifies the windows system which is used
during the day.

--
Marcel Pommer   techn. Leiter renzel.net
VKF Renzel GmbH - renzel.net
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org