[Galeon-devel] Fwd: Galeon 1.2.5 patch

Kelledin kelledin at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Tue Sep 10 13:16:13 PDT 2002

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 02:48 pm, you wrote:
> Kelledin wrote:
> >Apparently mozilla developers are facing the same problems we
> >are.  They want to recompile with gcc3, but they have this
> >concern about getting plugin developers to recompile with
> > gcc3. Their policy appears to be "get the plugin developers
> > to support gcc3 first."
>
> Based on the mozilla bugzilla, it seems to be difficult to get
> the plugin developers to support gcc3 in the near future. The
> closest Mozilla (or rather Netscape/AOL) ally in this group -
> Sun has officially and bluntly stated (in their bug parade for
> JDK) that they don't support Mozilla.
>
> Maybe airing all this gcc3-gcc2 moz-vs-java-flash-real debate
> on slashdot would bring some postive effect if some major
> publication happens to pick up the story:)

First, I say get a web site set up to fully describe the
situation, provide the hack for several different browsers, and
perhaps provide a database of Netscape plugins,
plugin-compatible browsers, and their working status.  Then post
it on Slashdot to raise community awareness.  I somehow doubt
that even Sun would be arrogant enough to ignore the hammering
of several thousand rabid slashdotters. ;)

So far, I've got the hack ported to Galeon 1.2.5, Konqueror
3.0.3, Mozilla 1.0, and (just now) to Skipstone 0.8.3 (see
attachment).

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"