XFree and freetype2

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 6 08:59:52 PDT 2002

Rui Ferreira wrote:

>>From: Larry Lawrence <larry at linuxfromscratch.org>
>>Subject: Re: XFree and freetype2
>>Your request is not unreasonable, but I feel it is beyond BLFS.  If you
>>are It's Bruce's area, and I am interested in what he thinks, and any
>>other
>
> Excuse me; Is there a 'Beyond BLFS'? Writen?

Not yet!  With the premise of all the packages installed, upgrade one of
them.  If you compile and install over, no comments necessary.  If it's
freetype-2, you want to install the new verion in the /user/X11R6/ path or
you will have two versions in the path (are you using the intended one?).
Some work better if you ./configure, make uninstall, make , make install.
Some may require recompile of other programs (similar to c++ library
upgrade)

Just test and document all the possibilities and permutations of order and
your done.

Seriously, we have to have an ending point.  When is the user educated
enough to realize that there is a thought process necessary to add, upgrade
or delete packages on any system?

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org