XFree and freetype2

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 6 08:43:33 PDT 2002

Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> AFAIK, freetype does not need an existing X installation. So it can be
> built before X.

Currently, we don't have any packages that depend on freetype-2 that don't
depend on xfree.  To go further, we don't have freetype-2 as a package.  I
added it to bugzilla, but closed it as not needed.

If there was such a package, all of this would need to be dealt with because
of the different "paths" through the book.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org