AM I done yet or are these errrors because the book isn't complete?

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Tue Sep 3 18:58:01 PDT 2002

I installed all the gnome libs from the blfs cvs then i did gnome panel,
gnome session, and gnome desktop. I edited my .xinitrc file and added
gnome-session and gnome did boot up using tab window manager. there was an
error that the setting applet had restarted too many times and that
settings wont be applied during this session and it will be tried again the
next time gnome starts up. i installed gnome midnight commander and there
doesnt seem to be any mime data, ie it doesnt know what a tar file is or an
rpm file when it used to. however, this is a gnome 1.4 app and the mime
definitions may have changed. are the gnome-mime types i installed gnome2?
basically what i am asking is all this normal at this stage in the game or
did i go wrong using the CVS?
thanks for any input

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org