bison downgrade for XFree86 4.2.1

Jim Gifford jim at jg555.com
Wed Oct 30 11:25:32 PST 2002

That would be me. The patch is actually for 3 files. Here is the where the
complete patch resides.

http://www.jg555.com/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/patches/xfree/xfree-4.2.x.-bi
son.fixes.patch?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain

"Tushar T" <tush at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:app1v2$8cg$1 at shadowfax.linuxfromscratch.org...
> Thomas de Roo wrote:
>
> >The book (CVS) installs bison 1.75. So I did. But then I couldn't get
XFree86 4.2.1 compiled. It crashed on 'bison -y xftgram.y'. (in xc/lib/Xft)
After trying many thing, it turned out that installing bison 1.35 was the
sollution! I'm not sure if this is a bug in bison or X, but it is in
(B)LFS...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org