[Fwd: Re: Mozilla install instructions]

Christian Schmitt chris.81 at gmx.de
Wed Oct 30 04:31:20 PST 2002

Tushar T wrote:

> I don't think optimization flags should be added to the book. That is
> for the user to decide. I posted my qt build script since you wanted a
> way to install qt in /usr.

The reason for my suggestion was that I didn't know how to optimize QT.
I think that I am not the only one and that everybody who wants to
optimize should be told how to do so.
Why not make the instructions optional like the current one about saving
time with "make symlinks src-qmake src-moc sub-src sub-tools"?

> As for optimization, I have used "-O3 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer
> -fexpensive-optimizations -s -w" for qt and kde. They don't have to be
> the same.

I used "-O3 -march=athlon-tbird -s -mmmx -m3dnow -fomit-frame-pointer"
for QT and KDE as CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.

Chris

--
Linux - Cause life is too short for reboots

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org