[Fwd: Re: Mozilla install instructions]

Tushar T tush at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 16:06:18 PST 2002

Larry wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 06:14:27PM +0100, Christian Schmitt wrote:
>

>>Tushar T wrote:
>>

>>># Add our CFLAGS
>>>cd mkspecs/linux-g++/
>>>cp qmake.conf qmake.conf.orig
>>>sed -e "s:\-O2:$CFLAGS:" qmake.conf.orig > qmake.conf
>>>cd ../../
>>>

>>just a question: Wouldn't it be nice to add the above part to the QT
>>section in the book?
>>

>What is the experience of those who have done this.  Is QT stable with
>the $CFLAGS?  Will KDE need the same $CFLAGS as QT? and as a minor
>question, would it not be better to use $CXXFLAGS?
>
>What if $CFLAGS=""?
>
>Not saying no, but not comfortable without some answers and testing.

I don't think optimization flags should be added to the book. That is
for the user to decide. I posted my qt build script since you wanted a
way to install qt in /usr.

As for optimization, I have used "-O3 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fexpensive-optimizations -s -w" for qt and kde. They don't have to be
the same.

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377