ncftp versioning issue in cvs version 20021020

chris.danx chris.danx at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 21 14:27:16 PDT 2002

Hi,

I am compiling a CD of packages suggested by the (LFS &) BLFS
documentation for someone who does not have a fast enough connection to
download anything big in a reasonable time, and have discovered an issue
in the CVS relating to ncftp.

BLFS cvs version 20021020 suggests using ncftp-3.1.4, which is not
available from the link provided.  A search of the internet revealed
many hits, but they all point to the link in the BLFS documentation.  It
appears as if ncftp-3.1.4 was superceded by 3.1.5 and they have taken
down 3.1.4.

The page in question is
http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs/basicnet/ncftp.html

My appologise if this has been reported before; I had a quick look
through the archives for October but didn't see anything.

Keep up the good work,
Chris Campbell

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org