Speaking of Samba...

Tushar T tush at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 11:09:01 PDT 2002

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Tushar T wrote:
>

>>Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
>>

>>>rm -rf /usr/private
>>>

>>It would be easier to sed out the creation of /usr/private.
>>
>>    cd script/ &&
>>    cp installbin.sh installbin.sh.orig &&
>>    sed -e "s:\$BASEDIR\/private::" installbin.sh.orig > installbin.sh &&
>>    cd ..
>>

>>>The rm'ing of /usr/private is due to a bug stemming from
>>>source/scripts/installbin.sh being fairly crudely written.
>>>

>Easier?
>
>Okay.  This recent obsession with sed is just becoming depraved now.

Yep, cleaner. If something is not needed, it should not be created in
the first place. Also, if the above fix is not applied, the installation
will crap out for users using the pkg-user hint.

>Am I going to have to make a patch for installbin.sh and the Makefile
>calling it and get it accepted by the Samba Team to prevent another sed
>solution from making it's way into the documentation?

If you are planning on making a patch, then you just need to patch
installbin.sh, patching the Makefile is not required.

BTW, why is /usr/private created if it is not being used?! And if it is
required, why a location that violates FHS?!

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org