Speaking of Samba...

Kelledin kelledin+BLFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 20 16:17:15 PDT 2002

On Sunday 20 October 2002 06:07 pm, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
> Here's some points that should be corrected to make the samba
> build entirely FHS-compliant... attached is a diff against the
> CVS source from a few days ago.  It fixes FHS compliance, sets
> the new version to 2.2.6, as well as a couple of minor
> grammatical slips.  The HTTP URL is changed to one pointing
> directly to 2.2.6 in hopes that should someone be building a
> version so out of date that the specific versioned source of
> samba is gone, then it's a sign they should probably be
> updating their copy of BLFS to something less ancient as well.

While we're on the subject of samba, here's a small patch to
correct a pidfile creation bug.  smbd/nmbd are only supposed to
write a human-readable representation of their PIDs to their
pidfiles, but they tend to write a little bit of garbage to
their pidfiles as well.  This patch fixes the problem.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"