gdk-pixbuf error

Kevan Shea biffcool at zombieworld.com
Sun Oct 20 02:04:04 PDT 2002

This may have already been mentioned (the archive is being indexed so I can't search it)

When compiling gdk-pixbuf it tries to run some kind of test program that requires X to be running.  If you're compiling it from a terminal you get:
creating gdk-pixbuf-scan

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
Scan failed
make[2]: *** [scan-build.stamp] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gdk-pixbuf-0.20.0/doc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gdk-pixbuf-0.20.0'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I tried configuring it with --disable-gtktest but that didn't help.  In the end I just did a startx and ran make from there.

--
Kevan Shea

"Property is at the base of it.  Until you give up owning property,
radical social change is impossible."
		--Marcel Duchamp