Layout change to *-intro.xml

M.Canales.es labuenaestaenlafirma at terra.es
Sat Oct 19 10:57:45 PDT 2002

El Sáb 19 Oct 2002 15:53 Larry Lawrence escrbió:

> I absolutely see the benefit of categorizing the "will utilize", but
> everytime I considered optional descriptions, I ended up with each
> dependency getting its own description (usually long).
>
> Again, my opinion, but the more space between the title and the install
> instructions the more likely to lose the readers attention.
>
> I hate chosing because there is lost opportunity here, but I chose two
> categories (Required, and "whatever")

I agree with this and, in my opinion, in the "Required" and "For extra
functionality:* sections only should be listed the dependencies actualy
needed for compiling the package with the current instructions in the book.

The others dependencies (for "exotic" options of configure, or used
post-compilation in run time) can be listed after the explication of the
comands, like a mention about their existencie and a reference to the
package's docs for more information.

Manuel Canales Esparcia         macana at macana-es.com
Usuario de LFS nº 2886          http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
LFS en castellano:                      http://www.escomposlinux.org/lfs-es