Wiser ifdown-eth0 script is needed

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Thu Oct 17 14:57:11 PDT 2002

"Mark Hymers" wrote in message
> > K80network --> K50network
> > K50sendsignals --> K55sendsignals
>
> I support that recomendation.  Because of the weird way in which I use
> my laptop (seperate static IPs in different places - don't ask) this is
> what I've done as I need to alter various files when the network
> interfaces are taken down.
>
> Mark

Mark,

Does the following solution break anything that you or any of the other
maintainers have or may have coming up?  This is for Runlevel 0 and 6 only,
but I'd assume that network would also be moved to K50 in 2 and 1.
Sendsignals is only used in 0 and 6, and the rest remains unchanged.  I've
made the request in LFS-Dev based on the fact that it does not break
anything that is currently in BLFS or LFS..also nothing in the near future
as best I can tell.

K40sysklogd
K50network
K60sendsignals