building qt

Billy O'Connor billyoc at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 17 08:21:07 PDT 2002

Larry Lawrence <larry at linuxfromscratch.org> writes:

> Dan Osterrath wrote:

> >> Read the note, right below the installation instructions.
> >
> > I think I'm totally blind! Sorry. Probably i din not see it as it's not in
> > front of the gray background. Another question: why isn't this command
> > standard? Think about, that many guys delete the source directory after
> > installing a package and then the compiled examples and tutorials get
> > lost.
>
> I did not realize the examples and tutorials were getting lost.  I will
> review this but I am more likely to install the examples and tutorials than
> change the default instructions.  This does not seem to be the popular
> answer, but one that I think meets BLFS goals better.

Yes, I always move the examples/tutorials out of the source dirs and
keep them, I should have mentioned that they don't get installed
anywhere.  I guess /usr/doc or some such would be a good place.  I put
them in $HOME.  I agree that they should not be skipped over, but I
hack on kde a bit, so I might be a bit biased.  Leaving the note about
not building them is the best way to go if people want to save compile
time/disk space.

Billy
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org