How to build XFree86 and keep your hair

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 15 13:19:48 PDT 2002

On Fri, 11, Oct, 2002 at 05:23:26PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs spoke thus..
> I put them in because they were recommended to me.  Now you are
> recommending otherwise.  Having the defaults may be useful to help
> people know that they at least exist.  Perhaps they should be commented
> out however.  I need others to tell me their opinions.

Personally I think the current method is fine.  Showing that there *are*
lots of options is a good thing (IIRC the documentation isn't that
comprehensive; certainly mca and roryo who did the original host.def on
which that [I think] was based had a lot of trouble digging through to
find all the options.).

Mark

"But Yossarian *still* didn't understand either how Milo could buy eggs
 in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa
 for five cents."
     Catch 22, Joseph Heller
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org