Layout change to *-intro.xml

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 13 08:09:37 PDT 2002

On Sat, 12, Oct, 2002 at 11:58:04PM -0700, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee spoke thus..
> Yo,
>
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 10:27:58PM -0500, Larry wrote:
> > First impression - too much whitespace and too long in intro section.
> <snip />
> > Looks good from here.  What do you dislike about it?
>
> Pretty much what you mentioned about for dislike.  We were talking about
> it on IRC a little while back when he was bashing his head agains'it it.
> I agree with everything you've said.
>
> ...but there really is too much white space, imho =)

I happen to agree with both of you on that.

The only way I can see to reduce it a little bit is to remove the <br>'s
which htmltidy inserts (I'm not sure why).

Have a look at the pages again and see if it's improved at all IYOs.  If
not, I'll take another look but I really can't see another way to do it
(I originally wanted to come up with three or four designs and have a
vote but it's taken ages just to come up with one).

Mark

"Don't you hate those Claims Direct adverts?
 'I slipped on a banana skin and sued the Dominican Republic!'"
     Linda Smith on the News Quiz talking about the Compensation Culture
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org