Layout change to *-intro.xml

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 12 20:27:58 PDT 2002

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 12:29:50AM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's my proposal for changes to the intro layout.
>
> I don't like the old one, but the problem is that I don't particularly
> like this one either - it's just the best I've managed to do after
> playing with docbook for quite a while.
>
> Look at these two example pages:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~markh/xine-lib.html
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~markh/mplayer.html

Likes:
Intro paragraph moved up. Page flow of information improved.
Eliminating <screen> lets xml deal with width formatting.
Required is self explanatory.
Optional covers utilizes <check>, add extra functionality <check>,
creates binding for <check>.
No new ent's.
Added download space for patches, fonts, skins.

Dislikes:
First impression - too much whitespace and too long in intro section.

Overall: flexable.

Looks good from here.  What do you dislike about it?

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org