Layout change to *-intro.xml

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 12 16:29:50 PDT 2002

Hi,

Here's my proposal for changes to the intro layout.

I don't like the old one, but the problem is that I don't particularly
like this one either - it's just the best I've managed to do after
playing with docbook for quite a while.

Look at these two example pages:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~markh/xine-lib.html
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~markh/mplayer.html

Note that the PREV, NEXT, UP etc. links don't work because those are the
only two files in that location and they aren't in the right
directories; they're just examples.

If someone can come up with a better idea I'd be pleased as anything to
recieve it (in DoxbookXML format to the list and/or me directly).

Don't worry - nothing will be changed until everyone has had the chance
to comment, suggest changes, suggest totally new ideas etc.

Once the decision has been made, I'll do all the changes to the book in
one large run (I'll set aside a few hours to do it at that point).

Mark

PS - I'll get back to the /opt thread and everything else soon; I'm all
docbook'd out after playing with this tonight.

"We have three realistic alternatives: (1) Sit here and get blown up, (2)
 Stand here and get blown up, (3) Jump up and down, shout at me for not being
 able to think of anything, then get blown up."
     Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Bodyswap
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org