cvs 20021007 chapter 3 /etc/inputrc typo

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Wed Oct 9 08:52:00 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 07:53, Rui Ferreira wrote:
> >From: Bill maltby - LFS Related <lfsbill at wlmcs.com>
> >BTW, "linux" should be capitalized? I'm not sure anymore.
> Yes. It's the _name_ of the system (and it comes from Linus)

It is the name of the kernel.  Which is to say that it is a proper name
and thus should be capitalized.  The system is only commonly referred to
as Linux.  And no, I am not going to do an RMS imitation and demand that
the system be called GNU/Linux.  I think RMS is beating a dead horse
with that issue and should simply drop it and move on.

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org