Typo in "Creating a custom bootdisk"

Csaba Henk ekho at renyi.hu
Tue Oct 8 12:05:47 PDT 2002

 Hello BLFS-dev,

 those numbers in the "Creating a custom bootdisk" section of BLFS-book
are very hard to cope with, huh? (I looked back to earlier versions of the
book -- this typo is a permanent struggle since ??, in different forms,
but now should be terminated for once & forever.)
 In the 2122-2124th rows of BLFS-book-20021006 (I refer to the txt
version) one may read:

...by doing 16384+429+1=
16184
rdev -r /dev/floppy/0 16738

However, in the last quoted row the number should be 16184, too. And BTW,
I think this mystic number 16384 needs to be explained in more details --
what is its importance? why should this number be used in our little
computation?  I personally could not figure out its importance... The only
thing I realised that it is the 14th power of 2.

Csaba Henk

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org