kde compiling in blfs

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 6 06:24:55 PDT 2002

On Sat, 05, Oct, 2002 at 05:55:05PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs spoke thus..
> Mark Hymers wrote:
>
> >    Note: Another configure option is --enable-final. This option can
> >	 speed up the build process, but requires a lot of memory. If you
> >	 have less than 256MB of RAM, this option may cause swapping and
> >	 significantly slow compilation.
> >
> >We should probably add this to the first proper KDE installation as
> >well though; I've copied this to blfs-dev.  Anybody have any objections?
> >
> No real objection.  Do you want me to do it?

As you maintain the KDE bit that's probably best (I don't want to
conflict with any changes you may have pending in your local tree).

Thanks,

Mark

"Don't you hate those Claims Direct adverts?
 'I slipped on a banana skin and sued the Dominican Republic!'"
     Linda Smith on the News Quiz talking about the Compensation Culture
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org