kde compiling in blfs

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 5 15:04:14 PDT 2002

On Sat, 05, Oct, 2002 at 06:44:09PM -0300, Raul Fernandes spoke thus..
> Hi, I am a happy user of lfs 3.3 and blfs. The lfs really really needed a
> project like the blfs. Some time ago, I have installed the lfs, but didn't
> installed the graphical interface and kde, the desktop that I use. So, I have
> abandoned the lfs, but with blfs the things is different.
> I have read the blfs book and think that in kde compiling section you can add
> a option to configure: --enable-final. This build the programs with size
> optimized. I think this make the final apps more efficient.
> What you think??

We actually mention this already in the aRts installation:

======<snip>
     Note: Another configure option is --enable-final. This option can
	 speed up the build process, but requires a lot of memory. If you have
	 less than 256MB of RAM, this option may cause swapping and
	 significantly slow compilation.

We should probably add this to the first proper KDE installation as
well though; I've copied this to blfs-dev.  Anybody have any objections?

Mark

"We have three realistic alternatives: (1) Sit here and get blown up, (2)
 Stand here and get blown up, (3) Jump up and down, shout at me for not being
 able to think of anything, then get blown up."
     Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Bodyswap
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org