Change to book generation

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 5 14:12:41 PDT 2002

On Sat, 05, Oct, 2002 at 05:38:43PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann spoke thus..
> On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:54:43 -0400 "Seth W. Klein" <sk at sethwklein.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Matthias Benkmann <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:

> > > That is not the point. I was talking about HTML that is valid, not
> > > HTML that is working in Mozilla (which doesn't even require the space;
> > > no browser I know requires the space).
> >
> > Then you have forgotten Netscape 4.x. Or does some 4.x version later
> > than 4.79 handle <br/> without the space?
>
> You're right. Netscape 4.x ignores the tags unless the spaces are there.

To bring this vaguely back on-topic I just managed to look at the book
using netscape-4.7something using a university machine and some SSH X
forwarding.  I had a quick check of some random pages (the connection
was too slow to look at them all) including the ones with tables on and
it seems to render ok.

If anyone has any concete objections to the HTML we currently generate
can they state them now; I'm fairly lost as to what people are saying
here.

Mark

"We have three realistic alternatives: (1) Sit here and get blown up, (2)
 Stand here and get blown up, (3) Jump up and down, shout at me for not being
 able to think of anything, then get blown up."
     Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Bodyswap
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org