Change to book generation

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sat Oct 5 08:27:30 PDT 2002

Seth W. Klein wrote:

>Matthias Benkmann <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:55:04 -0400 "Seth W. Klein" <sk at sethwklein.net> wrote:
>>

>>>It is not. However, Mozilla at least, will recognize it if it is
>>>written as "<br />". Note the space.
>>>

>>That is not the point. I was talking about HTML that is valid, not HTML
>>that is working in Mozilla (which doesn't even require the space; no
>>browser I know requires the space).
>>

>Then you have forgotten Netscape 4.x. Or does some 4.x version later
>than 4.79 handle <br/> without the space?

Catering to obsolete software tends to delay adoption of standards
complient software.  Why even try to support Netscape 4.x when 7.0 is
available?  No one I know tries to be complient with NS2, NS3, IE2, IE3,
or IE4 any more.  At what point do we say "We don't support that
obsolete (fill in your old software) any more."?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org