XFree86 host.def

dagmar at speakeasy.net dagmar at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 3 08:35:16 PDT 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Matthias Benkmann wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:39:33 -0500 (CDT) dagmar at speakeasy.net wrote:
>
> > According to the info pages for gcc...
> >
> >      `-O2' turns on all optional optimizations except for loop
> >      unrolling, function inlining, and register renaming.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure -fomit-frame-pointer is of that lot.
>
> No, it's not (forget the documentation; it sucks):
>
> long* f(long* p)
> {
>   int i;
>   for (i=0; i<5; ++i) ++p;
>   return p;
> }
(The rest snipped)

@#$!!  I hate it when I've actually gone to the trouble to read through
that pile of crap they call info files and it turns out to be wrong.

*sigh* Well, I'm glad you've been able to determine that the docs are
wrong.  Now I have to go update a couple of shell scripts.  (That'll teach
me to read documentation)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org