Change to book generation

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Wed Oct 2 08:12:31 PDT 2002

On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 09:23:21 -0500 Bruce Dubbs <bdubbs at swbell.net> wrote:

> Mark Hymers wrote:
>
> >We now produce valid HTML!
> >

> ><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
> >
> >with

> >charset=iso-8859-15">
> >

> I'd think this would pass XHTML strict since it was generated from xml,

First of all, the same document will not usually validate as HTML and
XHTML because the syntax is different in many respects. So if the document
validates as HTML 4.01 transititional it is unlikely that it validates as
Secondly, being generated from XML sources does not mean it's
automatically valid XHTML. If you use XSLT the only thing you can say is
that the output is well-formed XML, but AFAIK the LFS book is not (yet)
generated with XSLT.

MSB

--
An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world.
A pessimist fears that this is true.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org