XFree86 host.def

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Wed Oct 2 07:56:42 PDT 2002

Erika Pacholleck wrote:

>I'm currently not subscribed to any blfs list, so please ..
>
>book version: 2002-09-30
>page        : XFree86-4.2.1
>text        : host.def catting
>section     : /* Linux Distribution Information ...
>
>config/cf/linux.cf:49 gives this format, so it should maybe read:
>#define LinuxDistribution LinuxLFS
>
>the next lines seem wrong to me:
>#define LinuxCLimbMajorVersion 3
>#define LinuxCLimbMinorVersion 3
>#define LinuxCLimbTeenyVersion 0
>
>1. Typo: Limb = Lib
>2. as I see it those refer to libc, not the distro
>   see linux.cf:86

Good spot Erika.  I was given those lines but never checked them out.
 Its obvious now with a recursive grep that the lines as they are now do
nothing.  Checking further, there are six files that use
LinuxCLibMajorVersion.  One is the main Imakefile that outputs the value
that was used.  On my system it was 6.2.5 which is correct.

These values are retrieved from glibc in xc/config/imake/imake.c and set
DefaultLinuxCLibMajorVersion to the correct value.

 I will remove the lines completely.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org