cvs 1.11.2 and zlib

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 1 11:59:18 PDT 2002

On Tue, 13, Aug, 2002 at 06:26:39PM -0400, Michael Horbatsch spoke thus..
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that cvs 1.11.2 (latest stable version) uses an internal static version
> of zlib. This is a waste if you have the shared library installed IMO, so I used
> the attached patch to link cvs against the system zlib. The patch was taken from
> the debian diff. I think that the BLFS book should mention this patch, since zlib
> is a part of LFS now.

I've applied this change now, thanks.

Mark

"I got off at Durham... and fell in love with it instantly.  Why, it's
 wonderful - a perfect little city.  If you have never been to Durham, go
 there at once. Take my car. It's wonderful."
     Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org