LFS via RPM: Ch5 & Ch6 packages

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Jan 17 13:01:58 PST 2002

> > Small victories.

Heya!

> > I've completed the spec files for the LFS Ch 5 (bootstrap)
> > and Ch 6 files.  [...]  Quite a bit is still missing (for those
> > wanting to make any kind of contibution:)

	I originaly wrote a little hint on building rpm (a long time ago) and
then Sergey O. wrote a follow up hint for building with glibc-2.2.x (not
quite as long ago.)  I haven't touched rpm since then and am wondering
has the building process gotton any easier?  Also, along with your good
work  there needs to be mention in the hint(s) about that and when they
should do stuff.  RPM seems along the same lines as building a PAMified
system in level of difficulty.  Perhaps you have some hints as there is
still questions from time to time on the ml's asking how do I build rpm.

	I wish now that I had investigated APT rather than RPM, but oh well,
what's done is done!

Cheers,

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org