Creating a bootdisk

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotpop.com
Tue Jan 1 11:59:48 PST 2002

On Tuesday 01 January 2002 18:53, Florian Engelhardt wrote:
> Tuesday, January 01, 2002, 6:34:06 PM, Florian Engelhardt wrote:
> >> Can we find someone more clued up than me on this or at least have a
> >> discussion?  I don't want to only put in the dd method if we can avoid
> >> it (obviously it'll be there as *well* as the more advanced ones).
> >
> > make bzFloppy
>
> Sorry, it's obviously "make bzdisk", not bzFloppy (I don't use it that
> often ;-))
Isn't this the same thing as the dd method, exept now a script does the work
for you? I think Mark means we should make a list of some packages which are
needed as a _rescue_ disk, not a bootdisk.
Fortunately I never needed the first, and for a bootdisk I use grub. I do
have some ideas what should be on them. I suggest at least the following:
grub/lilo, e2fstools (reiserfstools), dietlibc, util-linux, bash (or a
smaller alternative?).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org