Creating a bootdisk

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 1 10:28:41 PST 2002

On Tue, 01, Jan, 2002 at 06:53:03PM +0100, Florian Engelhardt spoke thus..
> Tuesday, January 01, 2002, 6:34:06 PM, Florian Engelhardt wrote:
>
> >> Can we find someone more clued up than me on this or at least have a
> >> discussion?  I don't want to only put in the dd method if we can avoid
> >> it (obviously it'll be there as *well* as the more advanced ones).
>
> > make bzFloppy
>
> Sorry, it's obviously "make bzdisk", not bzFloppy (I don't use it that
> often ;-))
This doesn't actually appear to do anything other than dd the kernel
onto the disk and set the rdev settings to me.  It might be better if we
explain how to do it by hand as well.  Doesn't solve the "rescue disk" issue
though.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Editor