Creating a bootdisk

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 1 09:14:52 PST 2002

Hi,

I need a volunteer to write the page for creating a bootdisk.

Obviously, there's the simple answer; dd a kernel straight onto a floppy
and use rdev to set the / device.

But could we also give information on creating a "rescue" disc.  Would a
modified version of Toms Boot/Root disk do? (I've never used it).

Can we find someone more clued up than me on this or at least have a
discussion?  I don't want to only put in the dd method if we can avoid
it (obviously it'll be there as *well* as the more advanced ones).

Oh, one final thought.. Would busybox or something be helpful here?

I lied - that wasn't my final thought, this is - Happy New Year all!

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Editor
markh at linuxfromscratch.org