compile problem (fixed)%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;3C676C4C.1090907 at freeshell.org>

mbrian caapiv at freeshell.org
Mon Feb 25 01:11:16 PST 2002

gcc3.0.4 is out
ftp://mirrors.laffeycomputer.com/pub/sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-3.0.4/

    * Additional changes in GCC 3.0.4
          * GCC 3.0 now supports newer versions of the NetBSD
            <http://www.netbsd.org/> operating system, which use the ELF
            object file format, on x86 processors.
          * Correct debugging information is generated from functions
            that have lines from multiple files (e.g. yacc output).
          * A fix for whitespace handling in the |-traditional|
            preprocessor, which can affect Fortran.
          * Fixes to the exception handling runtime.
          * More fixes for bad code generation in C++.
          * A fix for shared library generation under AIX 4.3.
          * Documentation updates.
          * Port of GCC to Tensilica's Xtensa processor contributed.
          * A fix for compiling the PPC Linux kernel (FAT fs wouldn't link).

mbrian wrote:

> I had serious problems until I got/installed 2.95.2 and recompiled
> glibc2.2.4 with it. This made the atexit() problem go away, but
> shortly after (don't remember exactly) I reinstalled gcc3 and used it
> for most everything else ..with the exception of some gnome or gtk
> package that failed until I passed $CC=gcc-2.95.2(renamed the old
> compiler and kept the executable) to the shell and ./configured a
> distcleaned tree.
> ...so I guess my glibc is allright now, but there may be some other
> library that doesn't work 100% unless it's compiled with the old gcc.
>

> Christof Pohl wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>

>> I've experienced the same error today. Maybe it has got something to
>> do with
>> gcc-3.0.3 and/or glibc2.2.5, which I'm using? What versions have you
>> used?
>> Has anybody posted a fix for libungif-4.1.0b1? :-)
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Christof
>>

>>> I couldn't get libungif-4.1.0b1 to compile on my 3.1 lfs, so I had to
>>> strike down OB1, I'm sure Darth Vader would approve.. and good 'ol
>>> libungif-4.1.0 compiled without any problems.
>>>

>> [...]
>>
>>> but anyway, here is where libungif ob1 make bails:
>>> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -O3 -march=pentium
>>> -I/usr/X11R6/include
>>> -c -fPIC -DPIC qprintf.c -o .libs/qprintf.lo
>>> qprintf.c: In function `GifQprintf':
>>> qprintf.c:42: `va_start' used in function with fixed args
>>> make[2]: *** [qprintf.lo] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/libungif-4.1.0b1/lib'
>>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1