LFS FAQ Weekly Posting

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 19 17:16:49 PST 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 01:34:02AM +0100, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Like I mentioned in a previous post, another idea is to send the FAQ by
> default to any new subscribers, along with the confirmation mail. If it gets
> too big, a link in this mail would have to do. It's a bit obtrusive, but
> we're aiming at new subscribers/newbies right?

hm kind of the wrong list to be discussing this but we might as well
continue it here, theres' no other good place and it's nice and quiet here
right now.

Sending the entire FAQ when people subscribed might work, but I don't know
how people would react to that. One way or another, it's still 35+KB we're
talking about.

Considering all the options, I think the TOC of the FAQ might be nice to be
published.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org