LFS FAQ Weekly Posting

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Tue Feb 19 16:06:48 PST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:25:23 -0500 "Seth W. Klein" <sk at sethwklein.net>
wrote:

> Matthias Benkmann <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:56:20 +0100 Nicholas Dille <darkyeti at gmx.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > i think the problem is that most people feel too lazy to follow a
> > > cute hyperlink which might even solve their problem in less time.
> >
> > I disagree.
>
> Given the number of people who don't follow the cute hyperlink on the
> web site (from which they get the book in the first place), i don't
> know what you base this disagreement on?

First of all, the web site has a very tiny font. Secondly, a lot of
people download from linuxdoc.org. And finally, most people who do visit
the website, do so exactly once, to download the book. Later when they
have a question it does not occur to them to go back to check for the FAQ.
A simple hyperlink reminder would be enough to fix this. I think you
should try this first. If it doesn't work, you can still change the policy
later. It's not like we have a big problem with FAQs that needs to be
solved right now or the list dies.

MSB
--
God is real, unless declared integer.