Solicitation for commentary on automake/autoconf/libtool/gettex use

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Fri Aug 30 11:54:54 PDT 2002

On 2002.08.30 18:44 Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> autoconf - Some people are using 2.13 still, but from what I've been
> able to tell, 2.53 seems to satisfy everything that scripts meant for
> 2.13 want to see, and it appears to be working okay (at least,
> downgrading to 2.13 hasn't done me a bit of good when 2.53 has failed)

Probably not something most people would worry about, but Hurd cvs (at
least last time i checked) blows on autoconf 2.5? series, it needs 2.13.
Havent dug deep enough to work out what macros should be substituted,
but there is definitely some incompatibility between versions. No big
deal, put 2.53 in /usr, 2.13 /some/where/not/in/PATH, and add 2.13 to
the front of PATH when you need it.

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org