Gnome

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 27 08:49:31 PDT 2002

On Tue, 27, Aug, 2002 at 10:06:35AM -0500, Larry Lawrence spoke thus..
> Did some testing on gnome apps (grip and galeon) and need to add the
> following packages:
>
> gnome-vfs - Makes sense as this used to be included in gnome-libs.
> oaf -
> libghttp
>
> They will not make tonights deadline.
>
> Mark, I assume that after the tag process, the cvs will reopen and you could
> tag a new section into 1.0, if you so desired.  I'm I thinking straight or
> did the gnome tumor take over.

The TAG isn't made until each release.  We could BRANCH CVS but I don't
really understand how to administer it and we've never bothered over at
LFS.

Basically, CVS remains the same until we decide to release 1.0 or a
pre-release.  Then I tag it which simply records the versions of each
file so that we can check it out later if need be.

Does that make sense?

(Basically, I'm saying just continue committing the gnome stuff; it
really is 1.0 material so I don't object to it).

Now that gcc-3.2 has gone into LFS CVS, the QA process can start
properly.  I'll start at my end on Thursday.

Mark

"I'm so gorgeous, there's a six month waiting list for birds to suddenly
 appear, every time I am near!"
     Cat, Red Dwarf Series VIII - Back in the Red
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org