some little typos

Dieter Schmitz dieter.schmitz at uni.de
Mon Aug 26 04:40:57 PDT 2002

Hello,

I found some little typo`s in the current BLFS BOOK (20020825)

xinetd-2.3.7:

> ./configure    --prefix=/usr

why these 3 extra spaces?

tex-1.0:

We use the teTex package, so we should call it teTex instead of tex, no?

>gzip -dc ../teTeX-texmf-1.0.tar.gz \
>      | (umask 0; cd /usr/share/texmf; tar xvf -) &&

Why you don`t use this short version

tar xzf ../teTeX-texmf-1.0.tar.gz -C /usr/share/texmf

the same suggestion for the texmfsrc tarball

>./configure --with-x=no --prefix=/usr \
>        --exec-prefix=/usr-- --bindir=/usr/bin

--exec-prefix=/usr should be correct

mutt-1.4i:

the group mail is needed for the make install, you should create it or
mention that the group is needed.

slrn-0.9.7.4:

To install slrn you need a MTA installed, you should mention it.

telnet-0.17:

You should mention where the gcc-3.1 patch is located

Best Regards
Dieter
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org