cvs commit: BLFS/BOOK/introduction/welcome changelog.xml credits.xml

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sun Aug 25 17:27:39 PDT 2002

Mark Hymers wrote:

>Actually, shouldn't mysql and postgresql share the same startup/shutdown
>numbers in BLFS.  I mean, how *likely* is it that people will run both.
>The same should probably apply for postfix,qmail,exim,sendmail.
>
>Anyone spot a major problem with this approach (it'd keep the symlinks
>appendix easier to read...)

There really isn't any problem in multiple programs sharing the same
startup numbers, even if all are going to be started, as long as all the
prerequsite programs have been started.  Of course the configuration
needs to be adjusted if the programs have some default resource, like a
TCP/IP port number, that conflict.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org