cvs commit: BLFS/BOOK/introduction/welcome changelog.xml credits.xml

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 25 16:40:47 PDT 2002

On Sun, 25, Aug, 2002 at 09:27:28PM +0200, Gintautas spoke thus..
> I do agree with you here. I'd consider these packages 'conflicting'
> (they will need special configuration to be able to run at the same
> time - changing the TCP port, for instance), where mysql and postgresql
> are isolated one from the other.

Fair enough, so we should keep the mail servers on the same number and
databases on different ones.

Yes, that makes sense; so the rule is:

Daemons which attach themselves to the same port get the same script number.

That make sense to everyone?

Mark

"Don't you hate those Claims Direct adverts?
 'I slipped on a banana skin and sued the Dominican Republic!'"
     Linda Smith on the News Quiz talking about the Compensation Culture
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org