Package deadline approaching

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Fri Aug 23 17:14:13 PDT 2002

Mark Hymers wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Well, tomorrow is the package deadline!
>
>I'm prepared to make certain exceptions of which the main one at the
>moment is gnome.  I'm afraid I haven't kept up with exactly how much is
>missing but anything related to the gnome chapter can go in after
>tomorrow.
>
>Any other exceptions which people want?
>
>Jesse, will we have apache and php before the 1.0 release?
>Bruce, will you want to update KDE to 3.0.3 before 1.0?
>
>Can anybody else with anything please email me ASAP.
>
>Anyway, I'll catch up with the blfs-{book,dev} lists tomorrow and make
>some sort of announcement on what is going on.  I personally hope to do
>qpopper, xinetd and leafnode before the deadline (as they're packages I
>personally know about).

Yes, I'd like to do the update, and make some minor changes to XFree86
too.  Please tell me again the schedule and what you are going to do.  I
thought the deadline was for new packages, not updates to current ones.
 I've been awfully busy getting ready for the fall semester.  The most
important thing there is that I have to finish preparing for this new
course called Linux From Scratch :)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org