Addition to kdebase instructions (Generating clean kdm config files )

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue Aug 20 17:20:45 PDT 2002

Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> It would be useful to add the following command to the book for the
> user's first kde install
>
> kdm/kfrontend/genkdmconf --no-old
>
> This generates new config files that are not based on the xdm files.
> The solved the problem of /opt/kde/bin/startkde not being found by kdm.

Hmm.  Where does that get set?  In the install or in the original make?
 I was going to add kdm configuration to the book by just updating the
PATH in .xsession as follows:

[LFS2 at lfs3 ~]# cat .xsession
#!/bin/sh
# Begin .xinitrc file
PATH=$PATH:/opt/kde/bin
export PATH
exec startkde
[LFS2 at lfs3 ~]#

That seems a little easier.  Are there any other advantages to the
instruction above?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org