Patch references

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 17 08:23:30 PDT 2002

On Sat, 17, Aug, 2002 at 09:18:42AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs spoke thus..
> Larry Lawrence wrote:
>
> >Hello all:
> >
> >Leave it to me to be inconsistent in my own work.  In Java, I references the
> >patch name and locations in the installation instructions, in cdrdao, not a
> >word, assuming it would be added to the introduction to the book that all
> >patches would be at xxx location.
> >
> >I was called on it in the updated dhcpcd instructions, which is fine, but I
> >need to know which way to go. Comments? [Reminder-Mark has final say]
> >
> All patches should be at the same location (on shadowfax), but the book
> should point to that location both in the introduction and when each
> patch is used.

Yep, that makes sense.

Note that there is an entity defined in book.ent:

<!ENTITY file-root "ftp://ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs-patches/CVS">

(I've just added the /CVS bit and moved all patches into there)

so when referring to patch URLs call them:
<ulink url="&file-root/patchname"/>

Then when I'm doing the release process, I'll just alter the entity to
<!ENTITY file-root "ftp://ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs-patches/1.0">

and cp -a the CVS directory to 1.0.

That make sense?

I grepped for all occurances of ftp.linuxfromscratch.org and replaced
them with the file-root; entity where appropriate but may have missed
some.

Mark

"Don't you hate those Claims Direct adverts?
 'I slipped on a banana skin and sued the Dominican Republic!'"
     Linda Smith on the News Quiz talking about the Compensation Culture
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org